View Single Post
      05-14-2014, 12:56 AM   #1
Enzomnia
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Gray 135i w/ Coral

Stumbling under high boost.

So my car has a problem and I'm wondering if anybody here could give me an idea of what could be the cause.

It seems to be running perfectly fine at idle and when I drive normally/not gunning it, but as soon as I try to put the pedal to the floor, the car stumbles and won't go anywhere. I do have a JB4 installed and have the fuel gauge hijacked to show boost. It seems that anything under 10psi the car runs fine, but at around 12 psi, it stumbles, feels like misfiring, and eventually the CEL comes on. When I go back to cruising the CEL goes away and the car runs fine. Unfortunately I had the auto code clearing on so I didn't catch the code that set the CEL. I'll have to do it tomorrow after work.
I'm only running map 1 too.

Also, I did try running NOs octane booster about a week ago. I ran map 5 for autotune and it was running perfectly. It was reaching about 15 peak psi. I wonder if it has anything to do with what's happening now.

A little info on the car:
2011 N55 135i.
6spd

Mods:
CP-E chargepipe
Jb4
AFE intake
Downpipe

Any info on what is happening would be helpful! I was thinking maybe a crack resulting in a boost leak somewhere since it's only happening at high boost, but I don't really know much on FI cars.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0