View Single Post
      10-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #16
Mr. Wilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM, X5M

It is important to see what was done on the car. Not only in documentation but up on a lift with a good pair of eyes. The asking price is too step but as others have mentioned if you hold on to the car through the years the return on investment will be there. Clean titles are of course ideal but if this car was reconstructed properly it could be a good find and worth the money in the future. In ten years from now someone will pay in the 50s for this car with an additional 30k miles on it and in all that time you could have enjoyed it. Start negotiating a price and then leave your number. You might be surprised to get a call back in a few months if the car sits. I would also try to find an owner (not an easy task) and treat him or her for some beers and have them look under the car with you. I realize how hard that is but I have been under my car countless times and I would easily be able to spot non oem parts and poor repairs. Generally speaking though if you have an N54 already you should be just about as good.
Appreciate 0