View Single Post
      12-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #8
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Thanks for this massively helpful post...I didn't realize that I could use NCSExpert to register the battery. I had just bought the Carly wifi dongle for $70+, and was about to pay the $45 for the app when I realized it would cost another $10 to enable the battery registration functionality. For some reason, that $10 was a bridge too far for me, and I decisded to return the wifi dongle for a full refund and just do the thing with NCSExpert.

It may be "arcane and counterintuitive" (no argument from me there), but I already own it and am comfortable using it, having done all my other coding that way. Pluse, I've been meaning to break out the laptop and code out my eLSD anyway...
Just to clarify, NCSExpert can't register the battery. NCSExpert/Dummy are just used to make the coding changes to the NFRM/CAS modules.

You need to use Tool32 or ISTA to register a new battery when NCSExpert is used to manually do the coding (this is outlined in "option 3").

I'll update "option 4" to point people back to "option 3" for how to do the registering.

I know someone who paid $100 for and "official" Bluetooth adapter and it wouldn't even connect to his car LOL. My $10 adapter worked fine.

Last edited by bNks334; 12-30-2016 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0