View Single Post
      12-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #28
Sinister Crayon
floccinaucinihilipilifica tion
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm3 View Post
Using FF miles I figure I could cover a week's vacation more or less with a legit $3k savings using ED.
The company I work for does a lot of business in Munich so I can get some pretty attractive corporate rates on hotels.
Not doing it to save money just to go. Not sure how much driving I would do in Germany though. Do they have a track where you can drive the car?
Well, as Dackelone said there's always the Autobahn; awesome when you get an an unrestricted stretch and get to go as fast as you dare, or as fast as your break-in restrictions will allow (depending on your own perspective there) sometimes for hours on-end. Driving from Ansbach to Munich I was able to cruise along at 120mph for about 2 hours straight. Of course, it was humbling to have Toyota Corrolla's blasting past you when you're going that fast already...

Also if you don't mind a bit of a drive and the weather is halfway decent you can also take your car on the legendary Nurburgring. I didn't get to do that due to lack of time, but next Euro Delivery...

Finally, you can enjoy some incredible driving. Some of my favourite driving from my trip wasn't at high speed or on a track; it was in Southern Bavaria along the base of the Alps. Down between Garmisch and Hohenschwangau was gorgeous... drove up through the Black Forest and loved that. Hell, there are just places to drive over there that you'll never forget, and I know I just scratched the surface in the 10 days I was there. Next time; longer trip and more driving
Appreciate 0