01-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #26
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes
M3 Dragon is planning a drive in feb. We should all go as a group. I have done several of his drives in the past. He has a good guy and puts work into organizing his drives. The routes so far have been very nice and he prints out route packs for each car.

From his last email:
Hello All,

I am looking to do a drive on Feb 10th to Napa. I will have more details next week so I can see what the weather is going to do.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who want a little friendly commotion / fun event. I am putting on a poker run series with the first of these being in the Bay. Details below.

EuroSunday Poker Run series is a fun and casual event that highlights what we love to do, drive our cars. Our series has regional qualifiers where winners can compete in the championship event for ultimate bragging rights. The following is a break-down of how the event works.

Players: A team consists of the participants riding in a single car. A team can consist of a single driver, or as many passengers as a single vehicle can legally hold.

Objective: Our poker run is a simple 5-card stud game. Each team is trying to get the best hand possible.

How to Play: The Poker Run begins when each participating team/car is given a packet with a playing card and a route map to the next checkpoint. At each check point, teams grab a new packet with a playing card and a route to the next checkpoint. This continues until each team reaches the fifth and final checkpoint.

How to Win: This Poker Run is about the experiences and the adventure, but the prizes at the end are not bad either ;-). The winning team is the one with the best hand at the end of the rally. Payouts are given to the teams with the top three hands. Additionally, awards are given in two categories: the team that was the most directionally challenged (aka, got lost), and to the team that shows the most spirit.

In addition to the pot winnings, Hooked On Driving will be providing the winner of the EuroSunday Poker Run Series a free Day on Track experience! The more Poker Runs you enter, the better chance of winning!

This is for the Bay Area Qualifier - The start line and finish line of the event are at Santa Row in San Jose CA. Following the Rally, everyone will meet at the lunch spot, being - The Counter - 3055 Olsen Avenue, San Jose, CA, for prizes and good food.

The event costs cover the following:
- Poker buy-in
- Window Decals
- Swag / prizes
- Event Insurance

For details and to register:
http://www.eurosunday.net/events/03-march/pokerrun.php
That's exactly what he send through norcal drives subscribers. Anyone join that drive? I might join that event but I've scheduled lunch with my friends.
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0