Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwawuz02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
+1. The adjustables are solid. Many m3 owners upgrade to them as they allow you to dial more camber (I know they are toe arms).

I would think modifying a subframe to accommodate m3 toe arms and the price or the m3 toe arms would cost more than the adjustables and be a lot more work.

That being said- if anyone wants to tackle modifying their subframes, I have a set of m3 toe arms for sale off of a 2012 m3. Pm me.
Would you mind measuring them for me? I'm just curious as to exactly how much shorter they are than non-M arms. If you're paying someone else to do the modifying, then yes it would cost more. I've had mixed experiences with spherical bearing joints, so I'm leery. If the adjustable arms are reliable and not a big increase to NVH, then maybe they are the best answer.
I've gone through all of this with my M3 rear end conversion.

The stock 135i rear toe arms are 16.5" from bolt to bolt. The M3 rear toe arms are 14.7" from bolt to bolt.

I could not use either of them in my application. This is because with the toe arm mounting point on the M3 subframe is closer to the hub than on the stock subframe. It will fit with M3 hubs but I am using my 135i hubs and therefore they are too short, resulting in an incurable 10mm toe out. The stock arms are way too long and will not even fit.

I purchased some RE M3 adjustable toe arms from HPA which should hopefully solve the problem. If you are using a stock 135i subframe and hubs you will need to get adjustable non-M rear toe arms which are longer than the M versions. I believe RE, Megan Racing and Dinan all sell them.