08-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #47
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chris View Post
now, its not legal where i live to have a radar detector, what are the chances i would get caught, for example i'd be turning it off as soon as it goes off, slow down and look for cops.. also turning it off and throwing it in the glove box or something, so nothing is visible other than that wiring? thoughts? advice? anyone have a detector in the states where its not legal?

I'm guessing your'e in VA, because there are only two states where detectors are illegal. Based on that, my advice is to just move out of there! (I grew up in VA, and I'd never move back because of their laws)

But seriously, you're better off not using it. VA has RADAR detector detectors in some of the State Trooper cars that can pick up the detector without you ever knowing they're there. Once that thing goes off they have probably cause to search your car, and they'll write you a big whopping ticket.

Some of the newer detectors are invisible to most of the detector detectors, but it's a cat and mouse game, with each side on-upping the other. VA has started using a new detector detector that picks up nearly all of them. :iono:
Appreciate 0