01-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #99
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
akra exhausts are top dollar for everything, not just the bmw's. honestly, a 135i is a low end car for them. they are a lot more populer for bikes though, because a full system is only 2-3 grand, vs. 7+ for cars.

akra is like the gucci of the car world. you may or may not be getting a better product, but you get that fancy logo. this is not to say akra doesnt make good exhausts, but price increases exponentially when plotted against performance.

Its a lot cheaper to make your first 100hp than your last 100hp. Its a lot easier to lose the first 100lbs than the last 100lbs.
And exhaust should be in that first part, not the latter. Exhaust is a simple thing, it's companies like Akra who decide to make it more complicated then it is.

I had an exhaust on my old motorcycle, I had an exhaust on my Vespa (another group that gets taken advantage of considering the price of the vehicle) and I had an exhaust on my WRX. Up pipes, downpipes, and full catback. My intake, up-pipe, and down-pipe were 100% custom made for my car. My catback was carbon fiber and titanium.

the Akra exhaust is someone putting a price on something and taking some pretty pictures, and hoping that there's people silly enough to pay the price. And people do for the exclusivity. It's sad.

I'm a watch collector and photographer as a hobby, you can see the technology in these things and know why they are the price they are. An exhaust is just a bunch of tubes. When an exhaust costs more then a turbo, something is wrong.
Appreciate 0