View Single Post
      12-23-2022, 09:08 PM   #1
maconuswett
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

2009 N51 Valve Cover replacement parts

Long time lurker, just registered so I could post this....

I had a coil go bad, when I pulled the coils to start replacing them, the hose connecting to the PCV snapped. On top of that, I knew I had a small oil leak, but I found oil in the bottom of the #4 and #3 spark plug wells, along with oil in the gaps around the areas.

So, I guess its time to replace the valve cover. The OEM replacement on FCP euro says it comes with the valve cover gasket set, Valvetronic actuator gasket, Valvetronic shaft sensor seal, and mounting bolts. Here's the link:https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...l6-11127552281

So, the questions are:

- Other the the spark plug recess ignition coil guides, is there anything else I should purchase? I had the spark plugs replaced 20,000 miles ago (car is at 100K), I believe they are still good.

- FCP euro treated me well on the new coils, are they the best (ie: lowest price) for a new OEM valve cover? Is there even an aftermarket one people would recommend?

I've read the tutorials and am pretty mechanically inclined, so I feel this should be a run of the mill pain the butt, but something I can accomplish in the garage with a few beers and choice words.

Thanks
Appreciate 0