View Single Post
      02-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #29
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM 335I View Post

The DCT weights 50lbs+ more than the steptronic and 6mt. I've owned the N54 since it came out back in 2007 and was one of the very first to run a tune. I've owned both the 6mt and 6at and have driven the DCT. Believe me the shifts are quick but not that much more than the steptronic's 300ms gear change.

Gotta love people who just hop in the game and since they have th newest model they think they are the best, know more, and have seen it all.

Oh and i've ran multiple N55's stock for stock and let me tell you first hand the 6at rips a shorter 60ft time each time despite the N55's sophisticated launch control. Now I'm not saying I had a huge lead but a good half car to a car up top. The N55 just got here, so give it some time and there's no doubt it will be right on par with the N54 goodies.

Why do you think they reused the N54 for their M model and not in their base models? IT'S A PERFORMANCE UPGRADE!
Because there is a surplus of engines. The N54 is being faded out, but they had to use what they had left over. Get off the high horse dude, your car's transmission is outdated!
Appreciate 0