Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmilkov View Post
Hi folks,

A few days ago I replaced the front swaybar on my 135i with the swaybar from an E93 M3. This is a popular mod in this forum and the general consesus seems to be that it tightens up the front end, i.e. reduces understeer...
I went to an autocross yesterday and the good news is that the car leans less than before. The bad news is that it now understeers significantly more. This was discouraging. To eliminate other factors, I should say that the only thing I have changed between now and previous events is the front swaybar. I am running the same tires (Kumho Ecsta XS, 225/40-18 front, 245/35-18 rear) with the same tire pressures as before.
I am interested to hear other people's opinion. Could it be that those that have replaced their front swaybar with an E93 M3 part think it is better based on the reduced lean, but haven't really reached the car's limits to find out that it understeers more? Should I go back to the stock swaybar? Or maybe the E93 swaybar works only in conjunction with other M3 parts, for example, M3 control arms?
I'd appreciate if people share their autocross / track experience regarding the front swaybar.

Thanks,

Mihail

I kind of suspected this all along.

One thing that really makes the front suspension work better(and the rear!) is to replace the rear subframe bushings with M3/1M ones. You will forever get rid of that rubber band rear end feel.
Appreciate 0