12-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #12
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak View Post
I think you've made a number of incorrect conclusions based on poor causal analysis.

You need to describe your problems in more detail, but I am doubting they have anything to do with what you are claiming as far as "boost management" or "plumbing".

If the car isn't running "smoothly" more power mods are not going to help.

The one conclusion that you have hinted at that does seem plausible is lack of traction and possible interference from the traction control system. It certainly makes the car less smooth if you mash the gas. It's a far cry from an AWD car that has no traction control (07 STI does not!)

There's no reason that while using a particular map from Cobb with all the outlined requirements in their documentation that the car would not be "smooth" in a way that any new power mod will make it smooth. That's just absurd.

You are thick on claims and conclusions but thin on truly describing your problems. I would start there, listen to feedback, THEN start to make conclusions. This thread is already terribly misleading to anyone who may not know better.

Back to step 1, list your symptoms and solicit feedback. You have not provided enough information for anyone to be making conclusions about specific issues you are having with your car.

Last edited by Freon; 12-29-2012 at 11:49 PM..
Appreciate 0