View Single Post
      01-29-2008, 04:13 AM   #41
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickone View Post
I think you are talking reliability and Garret is referring to fit and finish, interior quality, material quality.

The lastest Car & Driver comparo with the Evo in it, says the interior is no where near what it should be for the price they are charging.
If Garret is talking about fit and finish, which seems to be the case, then I don't really think I can argue. I think that's probably the main reason I'm looking at the 135 over the STi and Evo. In terms of reliability, I don't think you can base it on a badge or name plate, if I remember correctly the previous M3's had big problems with drive train issues and previous EVO had/have clutch problems, and STi had suspension problems. Even the all might Toyota is now suffering from reliability issues. I guess my point is, Name Brands are designed to be sales tools, so you can't look solely at the badge. What a name brand will tell you is, the likelihood of how a certain product will be, but it's not a guarantee.

I also have to agree that the STi and Evo's are getting to be over priced. When they first came out though, they were a steal. At that time (2004) no car manufacture in the North America market was offering anything close in terms of performance, especially at that price point. Now however it's a different story, it seems like all manufacturer are raising the level and all of them seem to have a well price performance car. With that said though, I think the 135 is still a bit pricey for what you get, in terms of size and technology. Although, I guess the point of the 135 is to get back to the roots of a car, just driver and machine.
Appreciate 0