07-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #64
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Pics of stock vs. 'revised' exhaust hanger rubber mounts

Finally got the new exhaust rubber hangers installed today, which had been sent to me by Akra. Took some pictures of the stock hangers that came with the car (and caused the rubbing against the sidewall of the diffuser), and the revised ones. Keep in mind both are BMW original parts, not quite sure which application these come from, but in Akra's testing they seem confident these should resolve the issue.

In the 80 mile trip back from the shop, so far so good, my exhaust tips are well aligned related to the side of the diffuser openings. My only small complaint is that now the exhaust sits higher, almost too close to comfort to the top of the diffuser, but it is quite possible the rubber mounts will 'settle' under the weight of the exhaust and there will be more clearance.

While both are diamond shape, notice the differences: first pic are the new ones, second are the stock that came with the car.
Attached Images

1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0