04-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #22
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
T

A lot of people often say "but I am driving at the speed limit" while in the right lane. Implying that no one should be passing them... Like those speed limits are sacrosanct.

Again, it's not going to kill you if you move over and let people pass. Don't force your opinion onto others.
I totally agree with this. "I am doing 110 and 110 is the limit so I will not move to the left lane so people behind me can move past" I've heard this from many friends whilst freeway driving. I find this infuriating. If i want to do 140 in 110 zone, that's my own stupid fault, but don't make someone undertake you to make the point. It is so simple - get to the speed you're comfortable at, pull into the left lane. If you need to overtake, pull out then overtake and get back to the left lane. Some people seem to think once they move left they're ever allowed back into the right hand lane!

Sorry for the rant - it's a massive pet hate of mine. And to be clear I'm not having a go at you sparoz, tailgating is just as bad if not worse so that guy's a dick for sure. But right lane hogging drives me mental.