09-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by project jayden View Post
Thanks for the reply! It is not a bmw dealership. It's a dealership that handles mostly exotic cars and in all honesty the bmw looked out of place (of course not in my eyes LOL) But i do have the service records. It only had two oil changes and the latest was 5 months ago along with brake fluid change and 27 point inspection. It does not show any paperwork of stating recalls...but i'm assuming i can have this done at my dealership for free since it is a recall after all right? Thanks

Yes, that's right. There is no time limit on recall work. They never expire. Also... it doesn't matter if your the first or tenth owner - a bmw dealer is required to perform the recall work, free of charge. Just call a dealer with the VIN. They can tell you which IF any recalls are open on the car.

Best of Luck on the purchase. Sounds like a nice car. Please post some pics for us too.

Dackel

PS: I think the first thing I would do is change the oil and filter again. They drive the car for 1K miles and change it one more time.
Appreciate 0