View Single Post
      05-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #130
bippie999
The One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 m135i coupe sport package

I first installed AA Cat-less Downpipes and a FMIC and aFe cold-air intake. The power increase was fantastic! I had no problem with the smell or smoke at that point. Then I took off the OEM mid-pipe and secondary cats, and put in SuperSprint cat-less mid-pipe from Turner and their section 2 with resonator, the power went up another 10+% and the sound was great at WOT, but THAT is when the exhaust started to smoke and smell. My wife (and I ) couldn't take it, so I reluctantly re-installed the OEM midpipes with the secondary cats. The smell and smoke went right away, (with most of the great sound), but the Downpipes w/o cats don't smell at all!
My next step is to install a Sport muffler to get back the great sound. I know it won't help much with the performance, but the Cobb Access Port will take care of that. I'm guessing I am close to 400hp, and the response is much quicker and almost no turbo lag.
2008 135i coupe w/Sport Package, aFe cold air, TC Kline DA suspension/Camber plates. AA Charge pipe/BOV, cat-less Downpipes, and AA FMIC. SuperSprint mid-pipes, Cobb V3 AP, and Corsa muffler, Wavetrac LSD, M3 contol arms and bushings + RSFB, Rear Toe-control arms, Front and rear H&R sway bars, shock tower brace, Hawk track pads, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Enkei wheels.
Appreciate 0