View Single Post
      11-22-2016, 09:52 PM   #8
phunky_monkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, Radical SR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I heard when you run 10mm spacers on the front you run the risk of loosing a wheel. Something about there not being enough "meat" on the centering ring of the spacer. I think there has been a few threads on this already.

Just run 12 or 15mm spacers. Also make sure you run new longer wheel bolts.

See post #5

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Spacers
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336209
Thanks, great thread. I've been reading up a lot on it over the past few days, and as per my post below it's just so confusing as others confirm that they're sitting flush with the hub on a 10mm.

I'd really rather only go 10mm on the front as I don't want any scrub, but will go 12mm if there's still any concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloonsalesman View Post
Apex spacers work well. Haven't heard of any issues. Using 12mm all around
Thanks mate. I think 12mm would be fine, it's more 10mm that's my concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
I have 10mm from ECS on mine. Worked great! The bore is deep enough so they sit flush on the hub. I had the same concerns and went for it.When they arrived I confirmed with a micrometer that the bore is adequate.

I did re-torque the wheel studs after a day of driving.

I posted some pics on a thread awhile back...can't find it at the moment (on mobile).
Thanks so much mate!

Such varying information out there, but really good to hear that ECS 10mm sit flush. There seems to be a common consensus that 10mm absolutely will not work, but then others have success like yourself...very confusing!

Think I might chance it and see how 10mm ECS works out if I can't get confirmation that Macht Schnell will also work (can get them a little cheaper due to reduced shipping costs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
If they work, please let me know!
Shall do!
Appreciate 0