View Single Post
      11-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #11
phunky_monkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, Radical SR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Its not so much of the 10mm spacers that sit flush. The problem IS that there is simply not enough "meat" for the 10mm spacers to work on the front hubs. THAT is why you need to use 12mm(or thicker spacers) on the front.
My undertsanding is that the 10mm versions bottom out as they're simply not deep enough to seat against the hub due to the hub flange being 11mm-ish, possibly leaving a 1mm gap on some brands. Think I have that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
I promise the ECS have worked for me on the 1M! I know exactly what the concern is. I think that cheaper spacers end up having the problem that Dackelone and everyone is concerned about.

Believe me I know what the concern is. I had some cheaper 10mm spacers from Amazon on the rear of my E46 M3. They did not have a deep enough bore to clear the hub flange for that car and while they appeared to be flush and the wheel was correctly torqued, going down the highway they had started to work themselves loose. All of the sudden the car felt terrible and a lug bolt came completely out and was flung forward right by my head...saw it as it then bounced down the highway. ...Lesson learned!
You're a superstar, thanks mate

Once you re-torqued the ECS spacers that first time, have you had to do it again or has it been smooth sailing? No vibrations at all past 100mph?
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50