View Single Post
      09-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #18
Yogijet
Captain
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

The BMW PE which I fitted a couple weeks ago made be burn through 3 tanks of gas between a Tuesday and Friday of the same week on an island on which the farthest distance between two points is aound 18 miles, and the total area is 28 sq miles. The BMW PE is that good. I've been such a bad boy with this thing that I now have myself on a week of self-inflicted punishment - at all times revs < 2000 rpm until tomorrow. It's almost cheating coz my fuel tank is showing 1/2 (unheard of for me coz I filled up on Sunday, today is Friday and I have done my usual drives all week) and I'm still having a lotta fun because the exhaust emits intoxicating sound at every point in the rev range, including at those points (say 1,800 to 2,200) at which I've heard other owners complain of "drone". All I hear is a low bassy, sweet tone that is mesmerizing. In any event, the experience is a festival of pops, burbles and wails. I can finally hear the true 6-cylinder burble from the engine. Get the PE; you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Yogijet; 09-15-2010 at 11:51 PM..
Appreciate 0