View Single Post
      06-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardTech View Post
They are very much by the book at Classic, this can be good and bad. If your shopping for parts not so nice, but having the work done right its great. I may be a little on Classics side seeing how it supports my folks (no, none of them work at the main office in Plano). Its hard to break them of the rules, but they will on some things to make you happy.

If you ask for a rental next time you plan to bring it in, I bet they call you when you car is done. They like to keep a close eye on the rent vehicles.

They accidently damaged the driver side skirt and fixed with without a complaint. I just told them it happened and if I need to submit or do anything as proof (did see it when i picked it up, or until 2 weeks later). They just simply told me to drop it off the next morning and they would correct it. Simple and done. I’ve had to argue with UPS for far less.

Yes the prices are high, and they seem a little unwilling to go down. But prices hardly make it a bad place. And I can tell you most of the customer they have would gladly pay it (no i wouldn’t). Where else would a kid come in with the folks and leave with a m3, only to return 2 weeks later purchasing a m6 because they totaled the m3. They got the m6 because the kid blamed it on not having enough power so he was unable to avoid the accident and the parents believed him. They also bought it for 6k over msrp...

I have suggested a few times to some of the higher people that they need to support this type of crowd too, by offering group buys and online deals. I haven’t heard anything back :/

Actually I did have a rental .. lol .. I don't know ... just seems to me that they are treating the 135i as the red headed step child .. could care less about fixing what is wrong with it and aren't to interested in working on it either...

Just my 2 cents and I know for every bad experience there are 100 good ones .. however if there was a closer bmw dealership, they would have my business instead of Classic ..

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0