View Single Post
      04-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Fatter bars *will* change the ride in certain situations, as mentioned.

If you live in Florida and your roads are dead flat, you won't feel a difference. If you live in MN and the roads are full of holes, bumps from patches, and all kinds of other crap then you most definitely will notice.

You're right that you feel it only if you hit a bump with one side and not the other. The thing is, for some people, you just described what sometimes seems like every square inch of road surface! Obviously it's not that bad here, but it is noticeable.

I'd agree however it's more than worth the trade-off and not really worth worrying about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
So you're saying sway bars limit the amount of flex/roll in the body when you're turning AND make your suspension not rebound as much? Huh, I'd like to see where you found this information at.
Anti-roll bars don't affect body flex, not sure where you read that. He didn't say it. He said each side can't react as independently as it did before a thicker bar was installed and that is correct. The bar ties the sides together, a thicker one makes a stronger tie between the two. When one side wants to move up or down, it tries to take the other side with it. If you understand suspensions there's not much confusion here.
Appreciate 0