View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #19
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfv2 View Post
Eibach for a mild drop, H&R sport for a raked drop (mild rear, low front). Next step into the fray is ST coilovers (~$800 shipped new), which I personally did just to get the height adjustability. They ride decently well, firmer than stock, dampening is = to KWv1's which are good for a DD setup, I wouldn't track it on these though.

H&R's ride very well on stock dampers and the look is pretty good in person. I just installed a set last weekend for my brother. I'd go with them if you're doing a spring-only setup.

All this talk of unmatched spring rates to the stock dampers - they are all progressive, and were talking about a DD street car right? Anything sub-$2k is for looks primarily, ride second, handling in distant third. The mild drop of eibachs or H&R sports aren't going to put your dampers on death row.
The poster up a few said the eibach gives extreme rake, and you say h&r is the raked look. Is it different for some people? I can't have the front or rear any lower than an inch or it will rub. The car is a dd street car yes. Smooth roads for the most part, highway.

The fronts can be slightly lower than the rear, but not by much. I'm saying from a rubbing standpoint, not looks. I don't mind a little rake.