View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

I used to have that attitude too about the car. But in the 5 years of owning it (my first "luxury" / premium car) I've learned that a car really is just a car. It's not a ferrari. It's not even a Porsche. No use in treating it like its made of gold. For example, my front bumper has been seriously fucked for the past year and a half, and while 5 years ago a single scratch would have given me a conniption, and I enjoy things much more by just not caring Sure I can get it fixed, but then I'd have a heart attack every time a pebble flies off of a truck on the highway, or every time a bug engrains itself in the paint.

That's why I just went full retard and did the phone book ghetto method. The car is meant to be enjoyed, and I don't need to pay a shop a few hundred books to stretch some metal using what amounts to the same exact method, except they have a different tool than a phonebook. I'd rather enjoy my PSS tires (which, by the way, are awesome!). The hardwood floors and rugs in my house are nice and expensive too. But I still got a dog, and he shit on the rug and scratched up the floors, and you know what.. It's worth it because I love my dog and it's fun in the long run. Don't sweat the small stuff, even if it does go wrong. In this case, no paint issues and it looks professionally pulled, so no harm done, so nothing did go wrong. If a method works well, then there's no shame in doing it yourself, no matter how "ghetto" it may be.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0