07-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #60
964junkie
Private
Rep
Drives: like Stig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Funny that u ask.

Spent 2 days at glorious watkins glen over the holiday and I suffered once again with the fault. I would get 4 good laps then limp for a lap or so and then back on it for a few more.

Clearing with a simple code reader does not work as it does not clear DSC control unit faults. I even tried doing a battery disconnect between each session and still no good.

I was supposed to have a real code scanner that reads all control unit faults and is able to clear them but borrowing it fell thru.

I feel the more powerful scanner will do the trick. I'll find out in 2 weeks at NJMP.

More too follow.

P.s. the harder and deeper you drive the more it rears its ugly head. I say this because my buddy who is a better driver took my car out and induced it 8out of 9 laps.

Regards. Alex
Thanks Alex. I emailed Gary at Bimmerworld who consulted Epic with regards to this thread, and Gary replied that Epic is "fairly confident they have the problem taken care of" with their Epic tune. I may try this - need to discuss pricing with Gary sometime next week.

At the Glen last Aug, I was able to do a hot lap until the limp mode abruptly arrived, in the vicinity of turn 10, and the car required a cool down lap before allowing me to begin another hot lap. The car almost always made it at or near full bore until ~turn 10 and I was running fairly consistently in the 2:22s with the turn 10 limp mode.

Last edited by 964junkie; 07-06-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0