View Single Post
      08-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #65
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Just an update..

Im still working on it.. ill have some info in fact tonight.. hoping to at least be able to have a "track-only" work around... I suspect that once off track or after the days runs, one will have to clear fault memories...maybe reinstall some components..

I was at NJMP last weekend, and did pretty good.. I borrowed a lap top that mimiced a BMW diagnostic tool ( GT1) This allowed me to clear DSC faults in between each session. ( as opposed to cheap scan tools that dont see "control units" This enabled me to go further into the runs without getting into Limp. It did happen but at least 3/4's of the session was Limp free"

Oddly enough i saw something else.. Before I left my house I had cleared all faults etc.. as i was playing around with the laptop..

Prior to Getting to the track, I always was in the practice of doing some decent braking to sudo re-bed the pads a little prior to the days events.. I must of done 8 good stops as usual and all was well... I had some time after registration so I wanted to make 100% sure that all faults were clear.. well guess what.. I saw the fault but it never put me into Limp.. it was up to "event # 40 " meaning that DCS counted something 40 times..... this must be used by the system to actually add up the events to finally put me into Limp.. writing this, i never looked at the counter inbetween sessions ( slapping head) I would have know how many it actually takes to induce it ( slapping head again) Oh well...

As soon a s i know something ill post back..

p.s Ran a 1:22.4 at Lightning !!!