View Single Post
      12-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

JRZ Suspension

JRZ Suspension for the 1M Coupe

I wanted something i can use everyday. When i am driving a race car. The suspension settings have manny settings. Rebound, bump, fast rebound etc. For a road/trackday car this is to much. I wanted something which is easy to adjust for road and track. I also wanted to use original top mounts which has no rattling when driving.

I found such setup at JRZ suspensions. They made the perfect set for me.

The springs they use are from eibach. They are the springs from the eibach pro kit which can be used for original shocks also. I know you think that s way to soft. No it s not. The damper can be adjusted in such way that you can make it very hard if you wish. If you use a hard spring it s always there also when you want it soft if you wish any comfort. So that s not perfect. JRZ Eibach combination is perfect.

Some track day footage with JRZ on setting hard.

Why not race springs you think? That s nice for a track day car only. But then again you need to use other top mounts and you have less clearance on the strut side because you spring will sit lower. So now there is more clearance for wider wheels because the spring stays above the tire.

Also the front shocks use the original stabi mountings and keep the spring on place. Also a big plus for comfort it s tested by bmw M so why not use it also for the front shocks.

Front shocks.

The rear shocks and springs are also perfect combination. The car sits perfect on its wheels. No extra adjustments are necessary just mount and its done.

Then driving on track. The dampers have 22 clicks from soft to hard. If you are on very flat track setting 21 or 22 is perfect the car is planted and gives a lot of front end grip. If you're track is more bumpy you can easily go lower in setting the car wil still feel racy but it wil absorb bumps better. All is done in 30 seconds of time and you're off again. On the end of day i have put every thing on setting 1 and drove in sporty comfort home. I am very very happy with my setup. I can recommend this JRZ setup to everyone who is in search for a nice road and track setup.

The original dampers are feeling very hard but driven on track they are way to soft. JRZ have more comfort in setting 1 then original. But in setting 21 / 22 you can be track day junkie in no time.

For more info

http://www.jrzsuspension.com/
Appreciate 0