06-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanE82 View Post
I understand what your saying on this.. But I have to disagree. For us "performance enthusiasts" the 128i is simply not acceptable as far as power goes. And the 135i is a GREAT car. Mine would be perfect if it weren't for the dealership screwing me around. After all, it is covered under warranty.

Having said that, BMW NA has also refused my fix under warranty, so if you do have an issue with the 128i (given yes... its less likely) your just as screwed as I am with NA being incompetent.
I think there are several levels of 'performance enthusiast' - what is important to you is not important to me, and vice versa, and that's OK. I agree - the 135 is a great car and its perceived imperfection is just a requirement for additional maintenance for all those extra ponies. Everything fails sooner or later, and things with moving parts that convert large amounts of energy tend to fail sooner than others, so there you are.

Plain and simple, I'll bet BMW looks at people who buy cars (and the cars themselves) in a different light if they do not have an exclusive BMW history. Like it's somehow different from the identical CPO they may have on the lot. Like you don't deserve to be treated equally because you did not purchase the car from BMW. Is that possible? Or, if the service manager has been brainwashed (like one I have dealt with) to the point where "any mods detract from the original design and engineering of the car; it was designed that way for a reason" (this was after posing a question about the clutch restrictor).

I have been treated OK, but not great, by the dealer I bought the car from. I can only imagine how it might be in your situation. I hope they sort it out soon, before the stigma defeats the passion.