Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanE82 View Post
GREAT... JUST NOTICED I CLICKED ON WRONG SECTION.. sorry guys, Ill repost it in 135i.

Then I take my car in for its 50,000 mile service. The car has 50,100 Miles on it and what does my dealer say... Your Wastegates are going bad and you'll need to replace them "This clicking noise is actually worse than I've ever heard on any car" said my service manager. The thing is that I had been hearing this clicking noise on deceleration since I bought the car, so I always just figured it was normal. So when does the dealer tell me about this issue they've known about all this time? 100 miles after my "warranty" is over. So I call BMW NA and make a complaint. 3 days later I get a call back and they tell me they cant help me. So now Im on my own.
Adam
Unfortunately, this sounds like another BMW maintained in "strict" accordance with the manufacturers recommended maintenance intervals.

Sounds like your first issue is with CARMAX
- A comprehensive inspection should have caught the ticking waste gate. They don’t go bad overnight.

Your second issue is with the dealer who replaced the vanos sensors
- The dealer who replaced the vanos sensors failed to properly diagnose the problem and should have noted the ticking waste gate or stand behind their work.