08-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #12
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Designs View Post
What an amazing experience!

Thanks for sharing the photos, it actually brought back amazing memories for myself, as your photos and locations were (are) almost identical to the ones I took from last year, even down to the italian ski team being up at Bormio! How awesome is that? 2 of the guys drank me under the table, I wish I could remember their names.

Which way did you drive up to the stevlio pass? After I visted welt and did the tour I went to Neuschwanstein Castle and stayed there. Then headed south west over through stelvio. There was snow everyone for my trip and I was just in an Audi A3-s for the trip... I can only imagine how much better it would have been in a 1!

Thanks for sharing the photos! Congrats, and I know the experience, and you are right, their is NOTHING like the area around Bormio.

Here are some of my photos of Bormio and the Stevlio Pass from last year. See if it looks familiar! Again, thanks for sharing your trip, AMAZING!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7ee2d79&type=1
Thanks for the pics, yeah lots were like taken from the same exact vantage point.
I did Stevilo from Innsbruck, so I first took the back pass (something with starts with a "c" I think). That pass was pretty sick too!
Had to do Stelvio both ways to and from Bormio, just to drive it!
On the way down came to a dead stop when an oncoming SUV and me came face to face on the single lane in the tunnel!
Had no idea what do to. Since I had some traffic behind me he started backing down his (SUV) inside the single lane tunnel untill there was a pass point.
Threre must of been 6" between his car and mine and mine and the wall!
Was quite an interesting conflict, the look on the guys wife face while backing up, down the hill, inside the tunnel, on a single lane, on this road was priceless!
Was so nervous about going back up that it would happen again, but it was all clear. But on the way back up a little piece of crap car passed me while on Stelvio when a bus was in front of me, then cut me off when he saw oncoming traffic.
Shoot not even in NY and getting cut off!
Soon after, the bus pulled over,
Was on his tail a bit, pushing him a bit...was a little pissed too.
He was giving me a run for my money... and wish it werent break in period because I backed off.
Dont even know what kind of car he was in but he booked up Stelvio so fast!
Actually maybe better off that I was still in break in period.
Btw...
Update...
My car leaves port Bremerhaven tomorrow!

Last edited by Midgad; 08-04-2011 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0