07-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #358
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
For the wildly exciting tale of my forum name, I started watching Top Gear in 2003 or 2004 before many in the US watched it. Forum name was to more easily facilitate discussion between fellow enthusiasts of the show, which it did well. Also got the license plate at the same time for the same reason at car meets and such. Riveting tale I know.

If I had thoughts that I was some variety of steller superstar driver who needed a bespoke performance machine I wouldn't be in the 128i or 135i. Both are soft from that perspective.

Maybe if you worked on reading, you would see I was responding to someone else asking about the DISA valves. But please, continue to inject yourself stupidly into this thread.

Not according to reputable people actually weighing them. And that is a 2008 128i that had the sunroof standard, I personally went without for even more weight savings.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test

I wasn't comparing the 128 to the GT3, I was further responding to your idiotic post previously that turbo cars like the GT2 and such are always the best choice because they have more power.

Given equal suspension and tire upgrades, the lighter car will be the more nimble one.

And yes, your wonderful "Brembos" on the track. Ignoring the fact that they fail utterly when subjected to track driving. Crumbling pistons and melted rings, count me jealous of your great brakes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, the only connection to you and stig is the fact that you're just a wannabe "tamed racing driver" got it. Even a plate, thats not riveting, its quite sad.

The 135 is a good bit, less soft than the 128 when talking track times, even accounting your 128's extra 'nimbleness'. Real racers use another useful term, weight to power ratio. Most would easily give up the 121 lbs to get 70hp/100 ft lbs. Track times show that easily. Even on the skid pad, slalom and track times the measly weight savings on the NA car gets you nothing, other than the unimportant, my car is 'lighter than yours' mantra you spout. Thats to be expected from you though, thats all you have to hang your hat on.

I come up with(BMW's own figures) a weight difference of 121 lbs between comparable 128/135 manual coupes and only 55lbs between auto coupes. A far cry from your imagined 230+ lbs.
http://www.bmw128i.com/specifications/

Where do you see me say turbo cars are always the best choice in this post? I didnt. Just more BS from kiddie speed racer stiggy.
My post...."'Turbos are spoiling proper drivers cars'? A nonsensical statement usually made by those who couldnt pony up the extra for the F/I cars. The owners of Ferrari F40's, GT2's, GTR's any many other world beater turbo cars laugh at your ridiculous statements. You keep on posing stiggy, most see through your BS."

Did you even read that thread on the OEM Brembos? Its a 17 page thread with very few people, who for the most part have dedicated track 135's and had a few issues. You being a tamed racing driver should know that during severe racing sometimes even good parts fail due to extreme heat and abuse. Improper cooling is the major culprit of a few failures here. But obviously you know nothing about real world racing. You just watch the stig on the tv(long before most others have) and invision your fantasy world with you as stig. Bravo.

I've read quite a few 128 owners have upgraded to 135 brakes, never heard of one 135 driver swapping out the Brembos for 128 ones. Every review written by the mags testing the 135 praises its brakes.
Are there better brakes than the 135's? Yup, but they're pretty damn good for street, limited track use and HD track work if cooling ducts are installed along with proper pads, fluid . You dont know that and I'm not surprised at all.

So keep talking about turbos ruining everything in performance autos today and embrace your nimble car.

addition- I was just doing some reading on the 128i to learn more about this nimble machine. The car isnt listed on the Official Nurburgring times list. The benchmark, holy grail track for high performance cars. Interesting that a stig plated car hasnt run the Ring officially.
http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

Last edited by NYC6; 07-01-2012 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0