View Single Post
      07-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Interesting, here was my experience with Performance when I was shopping:

1. Call up, talk to a CA and ask about leftover '08 135 'verts. CA says yes, we have 7 or 8 of them. Ask if they have the sport package (many at this point left on the lots didn't). He says yes, most of them.

2. Drive up from Charlotte for my CLE seminar, head over, CA comes out to talk. CA tells me then that they have exactly 1 08 135 left, a stripper step convertible in a bad color combo with none of the options I wanted and had discussed with the CA. Car is in the delivery bay, they had just detailed it for the hard sell I'm guessing. Sales manager comes out, sizes me up, immediately starts bringing the pressure. Insists that I test drive the car, cold starts it, drives it around to the service road in front of the CA and I and floors it. Car goes sideways, he catches it, then redlines the stone cold engine through 2 gears with smoke pouring from the tailpipe.

3. Told the CA I was not impressed, that his sales manager was an idiot, thanked him for his time, got in my car, and left.

I've heard there is a good enthusiast CA or 2 there, but my impression was that they operate with an old-school, tell customers anything to get them on the floor and bring the heat mentality, and I have no time or patience for that. They're a Hendrick store that as said is in an affluent market, and that's how they do things.

I'm not sure if things have changed in the last 9 months with the economy, but my advice is understandably to avoid them like the plague
Appreciate 0