View Single Post
      04-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #25
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
You just live with it? If we're talking about the same thing.. it's the steering wheel AND the whole car shaking when you turn the wheel just slightly off from center at very low speed. I have AT and it happens most when I give it no gas and let the car "creep".

How long has this happened for you? I'm assuming nothing terrible has happened thus far. Crazy. It's happened on all sorts of surfaces with me, and the fact that you have 17"s and I have 19"s means it probably isn't a wheel size issue..

This is reminding me of the infamous clicking/card in bicycle spokes sound that used to happen to me whenever I took a turn at ANY speed. A lot of people got it, all different tires, wheels, suspension components. Don't think we ever figured it out. It stopped once I took my Breyton rims + hankook tires off. But everyone else was running different wheels, tires, and suspension components so it couldn't have been that... this car is seriously weird.
My car was making a clicking noise everytime I turned left. I took the wheel off this weekend and it turns out the plastic brake cooler duct in the wheel well was sticking out a little too far and cracked from the tire hitting it. So every time I turned the wheel, it would rub up against the broken plastic brake duct and make a loud clicking noise and vibration.
Appreciate 0