Space Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Thanks man! I am trying to keep it OEM 1M looking though. I'll post pictures once the claim has been settled so you can see, my entire rear bumper is trashed as well as any tabs connecting it to the quarter panels. I don't know if that means that the quarters will also need replacing. Since this just occurred I don't know whether "fixing" the tabs on the quarters will be greater or less than replacing the quarters altogether.
If your insurance is paying for the quarter panels, then you can definitely turn some lemons into gold. That's the hardest and most expensive part of a 1M conversion.

If you're just doing the rear end, then the side skirts will also be a challenge. The stock 135i skirts won't match up with the 1M parts, and the 1M skirts won't match up with the factory 135i front end. You'd have to splice your factory 135i skirt with a 1M skirt to produce a hybrid that'll fit your 135i front end and your 1M back end. Somebody did it recently (except the opposite - 135 back, 1M front)... the body shop guy apparently told him that the splice job was 20 hours on its own.
Mods completed: JB4+ & FBO || LSD || BMW-P suspension + F/R sway bars || 18" Breyton GTS-R || M3 front bushings || Vogtland camber plates || BMW-P rotors + Stoptech pads |||| Acquired, not installed: BMS WW Meth kit || Logic HVI intake || Mishimoto OCC |||| Shopping for: Summer tires
Appreciate 0