02-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #443
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
It was pretty strange. They didn't seem to want anything except the TV. The cabinet underneath was open but only because they were after the remote control. They opened all my closets/storage room but presumably only because they were hoping to find the stand or the box (not there, fuckers). They tried to pull the power cord out through the wall but couldn't, in a funny way they were pretty respectful of my place as they didn't even bother with openly displayed valuables, and if they'd tipped the cabinet over forward they would have been able to get the power cable out... instead they just moved it forward a bit. They even closed the kitchen drawer that they removed a butter knife from to get the ring that passes through the rod that secures the plasma to the bracket on the wall. How sweet. I have a strange feeling it might be someone I know or have seen before who lives on my floor and noticed the papers stacked outside my door (The Gazette didn't stop delivery - from now on I'm doing it a day early to make sure it was processed properly).

Anyway, they took the tv/remote and my windows media center remote and keyboard (??). I've changed the lock to a fuck-off solid Medeco, and I'm contemplating getting an alarm. Note to condo owners, you hear it all the time but CHANGE the locks when you move in. The apartment above me was broken into as well Wednesday during the day. I arrived home to find the door closed but not locked, so either they picked it or they had a key. According the cops you can't tell, but the locksmith said the key trade on all these new yuppie-condos is booming.

So that's it. I guess I'll take advantage of the situation and upgrade to an HDTV. I don't know how much they'll get for an obviously stolen plasma with no box, stand or power cord.... but it could have been much worse. It's probably the most easily replacable of all my posessions worth stealing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0