View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #51
barr1luk
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 135i Alpine White 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
I think you are right. This is what I found in the TC for the premium selection.

"BMW Roadside Assistance & Accident Management is fully transferable between
owners at any time during the period of cover. However, no refunds will be provided for
cancellation of benefit. BMW must be notified of the transfer. Contact details below:
BMW Group Australia
Customer Interaction Centre
Fax: 1800 350 528
Phone: 1800 813 299

So I guess they can only transfer Roadside Assistance & Accident Management only. Looks like i'll be keeping the car for the next 3 year

Be mindful also that if your vehicle has manufacturers warranty remaining on it when you purchased it, both the manufacturers warranty and the premium selection run side by side together.

Mine was exactly 2years old when I bought it as a premium selection which meant that the 12mth premium selection warranty and the premium selection roadside assistance didn't apply because this benefit was covered by the remaining manufacturers period.

So you only reap the benefits of the premium selection warranty and roadside once the manufacturers period ends, in my case the only benefit I received from the premium selection was the free service. The product itself is not an extension product, you period of cover commences from the date you purchase your vehicle regardless of the manufacturers.
Appreciate 0