Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnonis View Post
any word on the GPs Xin? I followed what u did and tried having the lights on ON rather than Auto and dont get codes that way...but eh....dont know if i want the xenons on the whole time as it kinda defeats the purpose of the "angel eye" look running solo. On a positive note, the visibility does seem to have gotten better when running them solo during the day (too bad theres codes!)
Still waiting for the GPs to arrive. I do agree with you, full headlamps during the day defeats the purpose of ability to have the angel eye aesthetic. I scheduled the annual maintenance for tomorrow but then had to reschedule since I don't want the dealer to see the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Negative. You have that backwards. The angel eyes receive full power when the xenon lights are OFF. They are dimmed only when the xenon lights are on.

I saw it very clearly when I had my GPs installed. Blue with the lights off and yellowish when they were dimmed with the lights on.

I am going to have to agree with the others above about the silver ballast over-heating when they are at full power and the outside temps are higher.

BTW, mine just started trowing codes but, like the others, only when my lights are off.
Thanks for the correction. Thats probably the problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenyc View Post
UPDATE: Mike @ EFX said hell gladly replace the burnt out light and send me a pair overnight. I am happy he is being so kind as he told me that he has sold over 1000 pairs and only 2 were defective (mine being the 2nd defective ones). I hope they don't burn out again after the replacement, but I will keep you guys updated!
Happy to hear it. Hope you get better results.
Appreciate 0