United_States
Rep
Drives: whiteout

Garage List
1987 911  [0.00]
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo1701 View Post
Hey just wanted to update you apparently the seals failed on my RB kit. This past weekend I went to take the car out for the first time and the brake pedal hit the floor. Checked the reservoir and it was empty. Took my Calipers off and brake fluid was leaking out from the pistons. This happened on all 4 of the Calipers. Which is a double whammy because with the high temperature dust boots being all exposed to brake fluid they are now all useless. I'm trying to get a hold of RB to see if they will send me some new seals and dust boots. If not I'll just rebuild em with a stock rebuild kit using the RB pistons.

Not sure how or why it happened. They held up perfect over the spring/summer/fall and all those track and autocross days, but failed over long term storage. I'll see what RB has to say.
Hey Jafo,

Mine failed twice. Winter 2013 and Winter 2014. They worked well all year, and then bailed in the winter. First time they failed RB sent me new boots and seals (as they changed up the sizing), and last November they wanted me to send in my calipers, and I was not able to, as its my daily driver. So i just ended up rebuilding with the OEM pistons and got new boots and seals from BMW. For me, as soon as the temp outside fell below 35, they let go. I got a new track car now, haven't been tracking much with the 135i, but will move to stoptech's at some point when I want to bring it back to the track.
Appreciate 1