View Single Post
      08-16-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
E82MSport
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' Crimson 135i

Dinan plates shouldn't increase NVH at all seeing as there are no moving parts. When you removed the sway bar links, did you have to use heat to get the nuts loose? I would disconnect one end of each link and drive the car. This eliminates the links as a possible cause of noise. You can also check the sway bar bushing for excessive play while the links are disconnected.

Also make sure you properly tightened the top mount damper nuts, as well as the three nuts for each mount to the body (approx 15 ft lbs - do a search for exact torque value).

Another check is the proper torque of the control arms at ride height. If you loosened the control arms, they need to be torqued at ride height. I usually use a floor jack on the rotor until the car starts to lift off the jack stand and then torque to spec. To note, these bolts are supposed to be one time use.
Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers / Apex ARC 8's 245/255-35 MPSS / Wagner Downpipes / Wagner EVOII Intercooler / ER Charge Pipe / Forge DV / PowerFlex RSFB / PowerFlex Differential Bushings / MFactory 3.46 Torsion LSD / MHD Flasher
Appreciate 0