01-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator19872 View Post
HPDE?? like a high end drivers training? If so where do they have things like that. I know of Bordant School of racing, in the Phoenix area. And I figured since the N55 is somewhat of a newer engine, that this would be the case about new parts coming out often.
High Performance Driver Education - or something like that

Basically you pay $200-$300 to drive on a racetrack (tracks such as Watkin's Glen, VIR, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta are common) with an instructor who will give you pointers and teach you how to drive your car faster.

Well worth the money. But if thats too much for one weekend to spend you can find an AutoX group to run with (Basically those guys you see driving around parking lots through a course made of cones) Also very fun if you let it be.

Most car clubs run both HPDEs and AutoX events (BMW CCA, PCA, NASA, just to name a few) They are very safe, super fun, and you learn a lot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator19872 View Post
do you have a good brand or are they all similar and not really matter which one to choose from?
Good brand for what exactly?

:edit: im guessing you mean wheels. Its entirely up to you! Just about any 17" on tirerack will be fine for snow. Common good brands are ASA, Sport Edition, MMR, Sparco, Montegi, send a PM to Gill@TireRack.com, hes the moderator of the tire and wheel subforum here and works at TR, hell set you up!

Tires to choose from, Blizzacks, Dunlop D3s (I have these and love em, see them in action in my sig pick ) Pirelli 240 Sottozero (had these, great tire but they only last 5K miles) Continentals are also a popular choice

Just as an example.

I run OZ Ultraleggeras in the summer and Sparco Pistas in the winter. Both 17" I switch off when the weather gets cold, easy to do in the driveway

Winter

17x8 Sparco Pista with Dunlop WinterSport 3D 225/45 R17 front 245/40 R17 back

Summer

17x8 OZ Ultraleggera with Dunlop Star Spec 245/40 R17 all around

Last edited by BrokenVert; 01-10-2012 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0