12-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #22
jo
vrooooomba
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 GTI, '08 135i coupe (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkloud9 View Post
You're probably right, my car was a poor example of an N54 135i. I will however praise the service dept for always fixing whatever was broken, no questions asked, and I always had a decent BMW loaner. Personally, I'm torn. On one hand, I loved it when it was working properly. On the other, it broke down on me and had to be serviced on more times than any car previous. She's like the psycho hot girlfriend who is amazing in the sack but goes completely mental on you once in a while. I will miss it though.

Golf R is not as quick but its not a slouch. It's only got 150 miles so I have barely touched the thing. It slingshots out of corners with no complaints, def handles better than a stock 1. APR will come eventually, stage 1+ (software/HPFP) nets 338/335, slightly less on 91. Needs a DG SSK.
it's like i've been saying for the past year or so: owning a N54 135i is like being in an abusive relationship.

mine is going back... tomorrow. BMW repurchase under CA lemon law for the HPFP issues. i'm pretty sad about it, but i'm laying off BMW for a while to recover. also thinking about a golf R, coincidentally....
Appreciate 0