05-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Can you clarify what you're trying to say? Is there noticeable lag? When do you feel power dropping off with the tune?

Thanks!
There is no lag and I can feel that! The car is always ready/ eager to jump. With that said, I can also feel how the stock DP's are still quite restrictive. Like I said, it's like having a little more than over boost all the time & throughout the whole range, no lag and no serious power drop off. I feel I am that close to perfection with this set up. Anyone is welcome to give the car a drive and feel the monster for themselves! I always shift @ 6K regardless. I am still getting used to not pushing the sport button every time I start the car; as you really do not need it with this software. I drive W/O "sport" now. I strictly use "sport" for highway and very aggressive back to back city driving.

I live strongly by "action speaks louder than words" Below, is my buddy's car and I know the car never/ rarely has problems. Fastest PDK 997(w/ no weight reduction) on stock turbos in the world! All thanks to GIAC! Tuned for smoothness and success!

The software works with the car/ motor not against it and you can tell by the way the car pulls: smooth and linear and NO breaking up what so ever! I will definitely be tuning again, and you can bet the only software any my cars will see is a GIAC flash. (Main reason: cars are pushed to what they are capable of, and not overpowered/ overworked.) Other cars I have been in with similar set ups but NO GIAC, (Burger, Activ etc.) equipped vehicles tend to break up the pull, almost as if you can feel the ECU fighting against the software. That is not software I would be putting on my vehicle personally. My car is handling heat and temperature/ hard driving better than it ever has, including when stock! You can bet I will not go back to stock nor have the slightest desire too. I did such a spirited drive yesterday and had absolutely no heat soak/ problems/ issues, when normally on that same drive I would! I know people will doubt what I am saying, and that is okay; I understand that actions speak louder than words and I invite you, to please drive my car and feel the difference for yourself. Anyone local or visiting that seriously wants to compare/ give it a go, please just let me know!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009

Last edited by bmw13; 05-20-2013 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0