12-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #21
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Mad as a hatter, i've had to go from knowing nothing about the n54, to struggling to know enough D:

I thought td03 were stock size? Td04 is what vargas s2 are suppose to be (and i thought RB's?).. Correct me if i'm wrong

I'd lower it for both safety/ease of tuning, and peak power potential (bigger giggle-factor lol).. So much easier to turn everything up as high as it can go and never worry about detonation.. I am worried about how it will feel off boost/low compared to the n52 with it's 10.7.. I know i won't care in the end though lol

Raising it sounds nice for off boost and response, but it a much bigger headache for tuning... Number one goal being reliability, i think i'll stick to 10.2 or lower lol

I'll be wanting e85 an possibly a flex fuel sensor if the jb4 gets the ability to (unless i can afford a proefi an put it in one day haha), as that's likely what i'll use to start with simply for convenience
Vargas has td-03s shells with td-04 internals. So, if you got them laying around, don't mind having a look to see what sort of room I have if I want a special turbo built.

Safety is definitely better to be lower for peak power, and raising it is definitely much more dangerous and harder to tune. The require piece is a new gen spark plug that federal mogul has developed, but at the moment is only given to OEMs and can run 14:1 compression ratio. I tried to get it from them about six months ago for development and they said no to aftermarket for the time being .
Appreciate 0