View Single Post
      09-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #116
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

[QUOTE=robertm;10345121]I'm wondering if he was driving with the traction control on? I mean with the TC fully off it shouldn't be to hard to induce a bit of trailing throttle oversteer or just power oversteer.

I do sort of think he's not basing the review of this car on an even playing field. Compared to any full blown race car the stock 1M will not be able to live up on track from an enjoyment standpoint.

As for not being very fast, compared to -most anything- with 500 hp yah, its probably not going to be as fast.

His comment about it not being fun like the original e30m3 is kind of a joke too. I can basically guarantee you he's never driven a stock e30m3. If he had he would have thought the brakes fade way to fast, it doesn't have enough tire, it rolls over way too much and 2nd to 3rd shift sux (US tranny). What he has driven is a car with better suspension, better pads, wider and probably stickier tires, possibly a dog leg tranny and almost certainly chipped at the very least. Do any of that to the 1M and it too will be transformed.

I guess what I'm saying is that even the vaulted e30m3 isn't that great on track out of the box for someone with Pobst's track experience. Honestly, almost no street cars are. I'm not sure he actually compared the 1m to the laguna seca
Appreciate 0