View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Meijo
BEASTIE
Rep
Drives: ///1M Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
I must be crazy because my car has meisterschaft midpipes and stock dp and catback and I don't really notice any excessive drone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I think people are more commenting on combinations that work with the meisterschaft axelback to deliver less drone.

You probably have no drone because you have a stock catback.

Everyone also has different tolerances for drone and depending on ones driving style, some may experience it more than others. I personally accept that drone is usually unavoidable to some extent with the more aggressive aftermarket exhausts.
Thanks guys for your replies to date.

To clarify..
I had the N55 mids on initially, with drone between the 2K -2.3K rev range at all speeds.

Replaced the N55's last week with the OEM mids and the drone is still present, in the same rev range, although slightly more muted.
Only thing is, with the OEM mids, I have lost engine responsivness down low and their is now lag in the low rev range, due to the two mid cats.

Was planning on having 2 resonators fitted to the N55's to hopefully reduce or eliminate drone.

Was hoping someone has already tried this, and can give some sort of positive feedback.
Appreciate 0