03-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #235
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
+1. Fresh oil is good oil. It is a difference you can feel with new trans oil in your manual gearbox.
Dackel, remember my post from a week or two ago? That they screwed the engine oil? Today, it was a bit over 100 kms. after that episode and I changed the oil second time to keep the engine as clean as possible. I did it in a regular gas station, paid just the oil cost (around 150 Dollars for 6 liters of Made in US Mobil 1 0W 40 LL-1, didn't go as far as changing the already new filter and the reserve's 0.5 liter oil) and I saw the bottles, monitored the procedure, such infinitely better sentiment than passing from the dealer! And I don't know if it is just the regular psychology but I also felt that the car is really smoother right after. If I am not making it up because of my total lack of confidence to BMW services here, I am thinking maybe they did something still wrong that day after I noticed the wrong oil and made them change it with the right one, who knows.

It is such a waste throwing out 6 liters of oil that is used just for 100 kms. but at the end I am happy I didn't go with the "free of charge" dealer service once again. Obviously, nothing is free of charge at the end if you want things straight.
Appreciate 0