United_States
Rep
Drives: a disturbed shark!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Quote:
Originally Posted by miula
All of a sudden the acceleration got jumpy. If I go WOT the power delivery is not linear anymore but choppy instead; almost feels like when the rev. limiter kicks in but it starts around 3k up to about 4.5k rpm regardless of gear or road speed. Even more strange is it only happens WOT, if instead I slowly accelerate all the way to 6.5k rpm it feels fine... Doesn't happen when parked and revved up either...

The charge-pipe seems to be properly attached to the throttle body and no CEL so far... I wonder if the CP maybe cracked somewhere or even worse something happened to the tranny/clutch/diff...

Any ideas what could be wrong??? Going in for service Monday morning anyway... I am terrified!!!
those were my symptoms when my clutch went out. I heard its from the cdv at wot. I am currently contemplating removing the cdv altogether if I can get someone to confirm that the cdv does cause clutch slip at wot.
No CDV on my 1M, it was replaced with a modified (hollow) CDV the day I picked up the car... So the CDV can't be the problem; clutch could be the culprit but there is no slip/lag at WOT on low gears/speed, it only happens in 4 - 6 at 50+ mph...
Appreciate 0