Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
The point of a baseline is not to see what a stock 1M puts down, its to see the actual gains you made on your car with your mods.

If you baselined at around 310whp and your final numbers were 400whp, then obviously its a nice improvement. If you baselined at around 350whp and only gained 50whp, then its not so impressive is it?
+1

Seems like 50whp gains are the norm for a tune.
Yes because the 1M overboost function does push it to 14.5 psi causing it to make almost equal torque of that of a full bolt on jb4 tune in the midrange but up top it tapers alot quicker than a JB4 say. Causing it to have 350whp to jb4 advertise 385-400whp range. It makes perfect sense, if you looking at boost numbers you can see what the car would averagely make. A stock 1m is capable of making 350whp and 410wtq on a dynojet, one person there already dynoed a stock 1M, i see no point in dynoing a stock car. From day one with 5 miles i believe pushing a motor opens it up to its best capabilities and that is what i did on my car. So i feel it would have close to other peoples advertised numbers. 400whp and 450wtq dynos prove alot. It shows a fully catless, intercooled, system with a tune can net you about a 50 whp power increase and judging on the other 1Ms a 70wtq increase
Appreciate 0