View Single Post
      04-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #26
verdespider
verdespider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Hey Rudyr,

It sounds like you have something else going on that swapping the head unit will not remedy. Did you hear about the recall for the 128i which is related to dash losing power momentarily? It has something to do with the battery connector and sounds like this could be the issue you're having. You should be bring the car into the dealer to have it checked.

As for adding bluetooth, it was a 16 month journey for me to add it, which included ordering a wire harness kit from Romania. The first thing you need to check is the version of the combox that is installed in your car. According to my service tech, there are 2 combox versions for the 2011 128i, one has bluetooth and the other doesn't. If you do indeed have the bluetooth version, you will need to have the car programmed to activate phone support and find a Microphone, Antenna and wire harness to connect them to the existing combox. I found a BMW upgrade kit that had everything and simply needed some pins to be swapped in the main connector - works great & looks completely stock. I don't think any BMW tech would ever notice that it isn't stock, apart from the fact that I have bluetooth in my US Spec car without having SOS - something BMW NA will not allow.

Also, I had originally bought a mObridge unit that worked, but not perfectly. This could be another option that will offer bluetooth capability. I have it still and anyone interested in buying it simply needs to make an offer. :-)

Hope this helps...
-Charles
Appreciate 0