Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135pls View Post
I have a garage date in a few days for my complete suspension overhaul (in signature) and an alignment following that. I want to increase camber of mainly the front tires for improved handling balance and tire wear purposes, I will not be tracking my car frequently. I also really dislike the "LOOK" of a heavily cambered car, so I've created quite a mental dilemma in my head, please excuse my OCD in the following paragraphs. I am new to building a sports car so I don't have a reference point for what camber angles look like, and you can only tell so much from google pictures on a flat screen.

I read up on the forums a while ago and came to the conclusion that a good way to camber this car with sport tuned suspension is with rear tires being cambered about 80% of the front angle (nobody put it into those words, I just noted it based on frequent camber specs given by posters with similar mods). I also found that a front camber value of -3 or above is recommended for track use, and a value of -2.5 is sort of a good versatile option that's between street and dedicated/frequent track use.

With my personal bias against visual amounts of camber, I had planned to tone that down to about -2.2 front camber which would put the rears at -1.8. Now that my garage date is only a few days away I am getting paranoid that even that would be too extreme and I am now thinking that -2 in front and -1.6 in back would be a solid place to start that likely wouldn't be too extreme. Any input from current posters?
Here is my car with -2 camber. Might as well go with -2 vs -2.2 for the street no?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1